Beautiful decor from threads: we make balls with our own hands
A ball is a very regular, streamlined shape. Due to the absence of any angles, he is considered a “good” figure, devoid of all aggression. Rounded shapes are ideal for decorating an apartment, a private house. This decor is done with one's own hand - the balls of thread in the interior look great, with their help it is quite possible to quickly set the necessary bright accents, add lightness to the room, as if filling it with air.
Preparation for work
Spider web - a budget decor made of colored threads with your own hands. There is nothing complicated - even a baby will cope, his parents will only help him a little. With the help of ropes, shoelaces, strings, other improvised means, literally in ten minutes real masterpieces are made. Ready-made spider webs are decorated with smaller balls, paper flowers, ribbons, various figures. When there are a lot of them, whole garlands, plot compositions are created.
Necessary materials, tools
From tools, materials you will need:
- threads - knitting or sewing;
- balloons - always round;
- glue for wallpaper or PVA;
- a cup or container for glue;
- some water;
The threads are taken in any color or white - the finished ball is then painted from a spray can. Suitable floss, woolen or regular sewing. It is better not to use stationery glue - it does not “hold” threads well.
The better the fibers are twisted, the stronger the structure will come out. Also, for greater strength, sugar syrup is added to the glue.
A step-by-step description of making a ball of thread:
- inflate the ball, but just enough to make it round;
- the glue is mixed with water to obtain a uniform consistency;
- the threads are dipped in glue, but not all at once;
- as an option - the thread is threaded into the needle, the jar of glue is pierced, the thread is pulled through it, saturated with glue;
- then the thread randomly wraps around the ball;
- when enough is wound, the thread is cut, the tip is tightly fixed with glue;
- the ball is hung up or put on a tray - after 10-20 hours, depending on the thickness of the threads, it will completely dry;
- to speed up the process, you can dry the structure with a hairdryer - it will take no more than an hour;
- when the ball is already dry, hardened, it is unfastened with the hands from the frame, pierced with a needle, if it is too dry to the threads, it is separated with tweezers.
When it is planned to make a lot of balloons, the air does not have to be punctured - you can only let the air out of it, carefully remove it without damaging it.
If the inflated ball is previously smeared with any greasy cream, the threads will lag well behind the base, it will not have to be torn off by hand.
Decoration, painting balls
As usually decorate a spider web ball:
- painted from a balloon or by hand;
- pasted with rhinestones, sparkles;
- embroider with beads, bugles, sequins;
- decorated with pompons, brushes;
- made out with knitted elements.
Acrylic from spray can is suitable for uniform coloring - you can use several colors at the same time. Manually also painted with acrylic paint and brushes - this is a little more difficult, but you can depict stripes, multi-colored overflows. Shiny elements, beautiful plant seeds (beans, lupins), paper butterflies, dried flowers, twigs are glued to the surface using PVA glue. Beads, beads, beautiful buttons, textile ribbons are sewn with thin threads.
Room Design Ideas
Colored or white, simple or luxurious cobweb balls will decorate the space of any room - a nursery, bedroom, living room, study, kitchen, office.
Ways of placement:
- suspended under a chandelier;
- frames for photos, paintings are decorated;
- make shades;
- laid out in vases on a dresser, table;
- large ones are located directly on the floor;
- small hang on garden trees, indoor plants.
Balls of thread and twine decorate even suburban gardens and city parks.
The color of the balls-cobwebs should be combined with the style of the interior. Many large balls in an overly cramped room should not be placed.
New Year's decor
New Year's toys are made mainly of white, silver thread. The perimeter of the room or the window is decorated with a garland with spherical plafonds - if the bulbs are colored, then they become white and vice versa. Christmas balls are made of the same color and size, if they are planned to be combined with other toys or multi-colored, with a variety of decor - when the tree is decorated exclusively with them.
From balls-cobwebs create a whole Christmas tree-spider web, then they are glued to a transparent cone, inside which a bright bulb is mounted. If you take beautiful dry branches, put them in a vase, fix on the base of driftwood, stones with glue, mounting foam, and then cover the structure with white paint, you get a winter tree. Its branches are also decorated with colored balls with ribbons, sparkles, garlands.
Openwork snowman will become the central figure of New Year's design. In its design, a combination of various materials is used - a bucket on the head is made of foil, a broom is made of pencil, eyes are made from buttons, a nose is made of paper. You can independently tie him a scarf or a hat.
To decorate the festive children's room, other toys are also made - a bear, a cheburashka, a goldfish, even an entire ensemble of “mixers”.
Candlesticks and lampshades for fixtures
The integral spherical ceiling is made in such a way that a bulb with a socle creeps into the upper hole - it is cut out round or an incision is made crosswise. It is important that the bulb itself does not touch the thread frame, and the design is attached to a plastic holder.
When the ball is made large enough, another original lampshade is made of it, carefully cutting the ball in half. The edge is decorated with pompons, tassels, fringe. The base of any ceiling can be made knitted or lace napkins pasted the upper part of such a chandelier.
In the same way, the lamp on the stand, floor lamp, sconce is made out. The main thing is to observe fire safety.
Pendant compositions for a birthday and not only
Constructions of various colors and sizes are hung on ropes from walls and ceilings. Using nails or double-sided tape, they are attached around the perimeter of the arches. When there are a lot of balls and they are small, then a number representing the age of the birthday person or a memorable date is laid out from them. To do this, numbers are cut from cardboard or polystyrene to which "cobwebs" are glued to the tape. If desired, from the balls with burning bulbs inside, only the outline of the important date is performed - weddings, anniversaries and other things.
When not conceived otherwise, balls are produced in different sizes, different densities. If there are a lot of them, it is not necessary to decorate each additionally - just a couple of ribbons or sparkles on the two or three largest ones.
Balls for ikebana, dried flowers
Spider web balls perfectly complement the original bouquet of dried flowers or dried flowers. If you take bright fresh flowers on long legs, stick them through the balls so that only the heads stick out, put small glasses or cups inside, into which to pour a little water, you will get unique jewelry. Put all the balls in one large container with a small amount of water - and some kind of table alpine slide will come out. In another version, the "cobwebs" are twisted from a thin colored wire, and the flowers are taken large, with thick legs. Balls cover them only at the very bottom.
Dry stems are inserted into a vase, and colored balls are attached to their tops - they do not need water at all. A transparent vase is filled with colored pebbles, pebbles.
Festive table decoration
Decorations for the table during the holidays:
- luminous tree - a snag branch is taken, the most ragged. It is inserted into the pot or attached to the foam. After the construction is pasted over with colored electrical tape, newsprint, wrapped with twine. An LED garland with balls-shades is launched from above the branches;
- Easter eggs - "cobwebs" do not have to be strictly round. With a certain skill, it is easy to create an egg-shaped shape. Gizmos are small in size, stacked in wicker baskets, decorated with moss or just in a vase;
- wreath - it is folded from spruce, pine branches, wire, decorated with "gold" from a balloon, colored balls, ribbons, flowers and cones. Hang on the wall above the festive table;
- tabletop vase for sweets - made by cutting a whole ball into two parts, or by gluing it with a thread only half;
- story composition - in the finished design, a hole is cut about one third of its size. Depending on the format of the event, a small Christmas tree with a winter house, figurines of the bride and groom with a wedding carriage, a cradle with a doll baby, toy dinosaurs with a flowering cactus, etc. are placed inside.
Decorating the interior of an apartment, your home with decorative balls for any holiday is easy and simple. Decorating them with yarn, paper, dyes, making beads, garlands, plafonds from "cobwebs", decorating with hand knitting, you can surprise guests with something new each time, at the lowest cost. In furniture stores, decor often sell "factory" ball-cobwebs, their shades, but the cost of such gizmos is quite high.