Choosing parquet for the interior
Natural wood flooring is love at first sight. Tender, quivering, real. Only for life. Having made a trial parquet flooring in one room, thoughts about restructuring the remaining rooms of the house will firmly occupy your head. Because the parquet in the interior is:
- certainly beautiful;
- appropriate for any style;
- tactilely nice;
Historians recorded the first styling, as we imagine it, more than 700 years ago in France. Russia, rich in forests, but scarce on medieval design ideas, had to wait until the 16th century. However, domestic woodcarving helped the direction of "art parquet" during the mass palace construction, started by Peter the Great. The modern description of the flooring is simple: wooden boards for assembly with recesses and spikes.
Advantages and disadvantages
Yes, expensive. However, or rather, more expensive at the time of purchase than other offers. However, economics is a stubborn science. In terms of years, depreciation of wood is more profitable than laminate or linoleum. The wooden floor will last 50 years with proper care.
No, the neighbors are not heard due to the soundproofing effect.
Yes, complicated installation. But a professional SUV for a fee will quickly solve this problem. Nowhere to retreat. You have already spent on expensive building material, do not skimp on a specialist.
Yes, a little moody. Reacts to dryness, humidity, heels. Do not drop the knife, do not sharpen the cat's claws. It happens that he moves a little, sometimes the individual planks that are poorly ground to each other “run away” under the baseboard. Furniture legs need to be wrapped with soft stickers to avoid scratches.
The main types
- Parquet board. Mass demand for it has generated an affordable price. Sold ready for installation. Qualitatively stacked by the hands of the owner of the apartment. There are few options for the pattern, but this is offset by the speed of work.
- Piece. Separate rectangular planks (up to 60 cm long), equipped with interconnecting means - grooves and spikes - around the entire perimeter, including the end. It is recommended for use in rooms with low traffic, far from humidity, since from the protection of a piece instance one layer of varnish. And sometimes it’s not there.
- Shield. Most often has the shape of squares or close to it. Be sure to be varnished in an industrial environment. Three-layer construction, with coniferous base and hardwood front. Difficulty in using a precise fit. For a perfect view of the floor from any point, it is necessary that the right angles of the panels coincide perfectly with each other.
- Typed. It is also called “Mosaic”, because in fact it is several textures of various colors, collected in a repeating composition. The floor is patterned, with its own character. A large field for design ideas. It is glued to a concrete base.
- Pronto-parquet. Protected from external influences, strong, completely natural. Suitable for hallway, corridor, improvised dance floor. Manufacturing technology ensures perfect grip with maximum fit. Reference smoothness - 100%.
Varieties of wood
|Presentable, textured. Insects, fungi and temperature differences Asian gift is too tough.|
suitable for balconies and terraces
|Standard for general purpose rooms. Clear wood texture.|
|Rapid growth prevents the absorption of hazardous compounds, so environmental safety is high. Ready to serve in the bathroom. But he has only one life, it is impossible to loop bamboo.|
strong smell that not everyone is ready to put up with
|Poor processing due to the structural features of the fibers. After polishing, a luster with a pearl flora appears.|
the effect of "glow from the inside"
|It withstands maximum load, does not rot, but perceives sudden changes in temperature poorly. Do not stack near the front door.|
|Compliant for processing: polished perfectly, cut without any problems. Emphasizes the style of black furniture.|
darkens by 3-4 tones in a few years
|Luxurious texture of generous African style. The varnish makes it a dark noble color.|
|Beech, means soft, calm, comfortable. It does not tolerate water and heat aggression, immediately losing ground.|
* The parameter shows the degree of deformation with moisture drops from 1 - strong to 5 - is absent.
The testimonies of good old friends of length, width and thickness will help to make exact requirements. The first two are needed to calculate the area, the third to determine the wear resistance, respectively, the quality of the future floor. Moreover, the opinion that the thicker the better is incorrect.
Look at the thickness of the face layer, not the total. It is she who is responsible for the amount of grinding.
Standard for ordinary housing: total - 13-16 mm, top layer - 4 mm. 2-3 periods between scraping such a surface is quite capable of withstanding. If the entire thickness is less than 10 mm, then there is no possibility for processing. This is a “one-time” option. Maximum values of 6-8 mm of the upper layer for very large loads. On such floors you need to dance and march, in home use it is an unjustified waste of the budget.
Color and design
5 basic suits of natural coating:
- from red to brown;
- from pink to red;
- light coloured.
The good news is that all shades are natural. So any combination of them is natural. The canonical brown / beige pair is good in conservative styles. Black is enough for glamorous decoration. Fashionable Provence will be supported by linen and white color.
When mixing textures of one canvas, it is worth considering the technical properties of different woods: the ability to shrink, hardness, etc. Materials close in these parameters extend the service life of the flooring, while polar materials are short-lived.
The shade of the tree is changed by stain, varnish, tinting oil. In addition, tinting will remove stains, dirt, stains. But use secret weapons very carefully. Before painting the entire space, you need to practice on separate plates.
It has long been known that light colors visually expand the space. Give room atmosphere air, visual transparency. Small rooms no longer psychologically push close walls, and large ones look like studios. Golden oak flooring, polished into a smooth one-dimensional surface, covered with several layers of varnish, looks like a frozen water surface, reflecting the glare of the glowing sun. Is such poetry possible when looking at the floor from linoleum, albeit very practical?
White maple, birch, hornbeam, pear, olive were born in cold color temperature. They are best placed on the sunny side of the house. Larch, beech, alder, on the contrary, will increase the degree of perception where there is little natural light. By the way, cold shades of wood are universally suitable for furniture of any color.
It would seem that the black color of bog oak, like night, hides all sins. Nothing like this. Scratches, chips, spots on the darker are more visible than on the light. Fighting is pointless, but can be prevented by replacing the gloss with actual dullness. True, this measure will not affect dust. Trash is treacherously visible on any darkened background.
If the light expands the framework, the dark narrows. For this reason, it is not recommended to make black floors in small spaces. If it is impossible in another way, you need to try to choose a less noticeable styling structure. It is comfortable for the eyes to perceive a small volume without ruffling elements.
Brown lacquered floors made of turbidity have excellent reflectivity, beating this quality with the help of lamps and additional accessories, you get a personal looking glass.
Care and maintenance
The fragility of the parquet floor is exaggerated. This robust design will last for decades. Compliance with only 5 rules will allow you to prove this to your great-grandchildren on a home example.
- The big enemies of wooden building materials are dryness and humidity. It is necessary to maintain the humidity value in the house of 50%. It will be difficult in the winter, the heating season reduces moisture by half. Humidifiers or regular wiping 2 times a week with a damp cloth help.
- Air temperature should not exceed +24 ° С, dropping not lower than +18 ° С. Airing, air conditioning, heat gun, everything that a person uses for comfort is suitable for parquet.
- Hand polish with a good tool, following the manufacturer's dosage instructions. Polish (once a month) or oil-wax (twice a year). Varnishing after 5-7-10 years.
- Wash home flooring no more than twice a month with special cleaners.
- Dampen Italian passions, do not throw heavy and piercing objects on the floor.
Interior styling ideas
- Runaway. It looks like brickwork with a fuzzy routine of displacement dies. Classic sexual minimalism.
- Checker. A chessboard that looms from the flooring of squares with the perpendicular direction of the pattern in strict order.
- Herringbone. An established method for laying parquet boards with an oblique cut at an angle of 90 °.
- Braid (Tartlet). Complex ornament with a 3D effect. The three-color model best displays the bulge of lines around a rhombus in a contrasting tone.
- Swede. Three planks are lined one in the other direction, the composition is laid out in a checkerboard pattern.
- Square. Additional edging of the main geometric shape.
- Frieze. A beautiful ornament located on the edges of the floor, next to the walls. Expressive decoration of the entire parquet.
In the store, start exploring the assortment with parquet from trees of the native land. They are already adapted to the climate. Check with the seller for dies for hollow holes, humidity level (normal up to 10%). Knock, smell modular boards. Voiced cotton and natural woody aromas are signs of a good product. Estimate how organically the pink cherry will fit in the bedroom, and the gray bamboo in the hallway. Now you are ready to step on the floor!