DIY candle decor +75 photos
Candles perfectly decorate the interior, create home comfort. But ordinary products, even in an exquisite candlestick, do not look elegant enough. The ideas presented in this article will help you create real works of art with minimal time and money. You can find most of the decorative elements at home in the handicraft box, in the kitchen or in the garden in the country.
Types of candles
The main classification feature by which candles are distinguished is the material of manufacture. Here are the candles that today are used for various purposes.
|Household||The material of their manufacture is paraffin. They are distinguished by the simplest cylindrical shape and white color. This is the most common and inexpensive option.|
|Canteens||They can have a simple cylindrical or complex shape. Flavors and colorants are added to the composition of such a product.|
|Hemp||Stable cylindrical products of large diameter.|
|Church||They are made from paraffin or natural beeswax, for use in religious and ritual purposes.|
|"Pills"||These candles are called teahouses because they are used, in addition to aroma lamps, for heating teapots.|
|Decorative||These are multicolored, decorated with decor, carvings, as well as candle statuettes.|
|Helium||This variety is the most decorative. The gel mass is poured into a glass vessel, where, in addition to the wick, there are decorative objects.|
|Sebaceous||The wick in such products is reed. This product does not burn too brightly, but it is spent sparingly.|
|Electronic||This is a cup made of translucent material, equipped with a bulb and a microcircuit, thanks to which the bulb flickers.|
Maybe you will like some idea presented in the article, and you want to realize something.
Gel products look very beautiful and unusual. There can be many variations: an aquarium, New Year's balls, a product from geometric bodies, a flower, a “glass of cognac”. It all depends on your imagination and what decor you want to use. It is important not to pile up too many decorative elements. Laconic and tastefully made product will look great.
To make any gel candle you will need:
- Capacity of glass. She will serve as a form;
- Candle gel;
- Gel paint;
- Mineral oil;
- Reinforced wick;
- Decorative elements.
Now - the master class itself. For example, to make a candle of marine subjects, we use colored sand as a decor. Pour some colored sand into the bottom of the glass jar. This is the bottom of the sea-ocean. Now you need mineral oil to impregnate the decor. This is necessary so that numerous bubbles do not form in the body of the future candle. Other elements of the “seabed” are also impregnated with oil: pebbles, shells, etc. “Bathe” in oil and a wick. Mineral oil is also in the composition of the candle gel, so visually in the finished product it will be invisible. Place the decorative elements inside the glass vessel, fix the wick on the bottom. Now is the time to tackle the candle gel. It can be melted in a water bath or directly on a stove in a steel tank. Add dye to the gel to get a bluish tint. Fill the decor with gel and trim the wick. The maritime theme candle is ready. Do you think this is too complicated? Here is the easiest option: take the usual egg shells, insert the wick, holding it with chopsticks for sushi, then fill the shells with a multi-colored gel. Colors - any. Fast and beautiful!
Decor dried flowers
To decorate the product, you will need to work.
- Dried plants;
- The spoon;
- Another candle (needed to heat a spoon). We call it "working."
Light the working candle, heat the spoon with its convex side up over its flame. Take a dried flower, press it against the surface of the decorated candle. Start gently smoothing it with a spoon. Make sure that the flower sticks completely and the petals do not stick out. Swipe the stalk a little harder with a pushing motion. Cut off the excess part of the stem. Next, select dried flowers to your liking and act in a similar way. In any case, you will get a unique decoration for the interior. For fixing the most delicate elements, use decoupage glue. The last step is to consolidate the result. Remove the wick from the "working" candle, melt it over low heat. Be careful not to boil paraffin. Dip the prepared candle into the prepared paraffin, holding it by the wick. Once, as a rule, is enough.
It is important that the paraffin does not boil, otherwise the decor will shift and all beauty will be broken. To dip a candle conveniently, pick up a container so that it fits the size of the product.
An exclusive product with a decor of dried plants is ready.
Of course, these products are hardly suitable for lighting a room, but decoration for a New Year's table or a birthday cake will turn out beautiful. And by the way, it’s very tasty and healthy. So, prepare the following ingredients:
- Grapes (the variety does not matter, but preferably seedless).
- Packing the finished fruit jelly (you can prepare a gelatin solution yourself). If you use the ready-made mixture, add half as much water as prescribed. Candles turn out to be more elastic and do not melt quickly.
- Wooden skewers.
- Syringes of 20 ml, without pistons (a needle with a plastic cap is put on the syringe).
The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Prepare the jelly solution.
- String the grapes onto a skewer. Place it inside the syringe.
- Pour the prepared jelly into the syringe. To prevent fluid from escaping from the needle hole, wrap this place with tape.
- Place the syringe in the refrigerator vertically.
- After the jelly has set, remove the needle, and lower the syringe for 2-3 seconds in hot water. To make it easier to remove the product, blow gently into the needle hole.
- Make a “flame” from a tangerine wedge.
- Place the finished candle on a toothpick and decorate the cake or apple.
Similarly, you can make decorative fruit "candles" from forest or garden berries, pomegranate seeds. They will not shine, but they are quite edible. A table decorated in such an unusual way will be magnificent.
But it’s a good idea to use ... real fruits as candlesticks. Just cut the recesses under the small candles in the apples. You can use mandarin. Fortunately, there is an abundance of these fruits on New Year's Eve. Suitable as a candlestick and tangerine peel.
Beautifully made candles with New Year's accessories can decorate any interior, create a festive atmosphere. Conventional transparent glassware serves as a beautiful and original candlestick:
- The easiest option is to tie a few white candles with a thin satin ribbon and place them in a low glass bowl. A dish made of shiny metal, like a mirror, can also serve as a candlestick.
- You can easily create a luxurious composition with Christmas balls. Place a few glasses of thin glass on a beautiful tray. Put candles in one cup of plain salt, fill the others with small balls.
- Candle decor for enthusiastic needlewomen. Start preparing for the New Year holidays in advance. Tie up the coasters for the candlesticks from the rest of the yarn. The color and pattern you choose. The knitted fabric decorated with artificial berries or dry leaves looks original.
- Natural materials - this is a real revelry of fantasy for decorating Christmas candles. The first thing that comes to mind is traditional cones, spruce or pine. A more unconventional idea is to decorate with cinnamon sticks, birch bark, coffee beans, corncobs, needles and fern. Such a composition will decorate a fireplace or a festively laid table. Cinnamon, by the way, also serves as incense sticks.
- Floating candles. A great idea is to decorate the New Year's table with a vase made of transparent glass with water, with Christmas balls and floating candles. If desired, water can be slightly tinted. You can do it like in the photo, or you can show creativity.
It turns out that a rough burlap is a beautiful element of decor that can even decorate candles on a wedding table. The combination looks, for example, burlap with lace, beads or satin ribbons. You can use this material if the wedding is designed in a rustic style.
Here is the simplest workshop. To decorate the product, you will need:
- A white candle is the basis of the composition.
- A piece of burlap or unbleached linen.
- Jute cord.
- Dry leaves.
- Hard wrapping paper.
- Clay "Crystal Moment".
Cut a strip of burlap or textile with a width of 50-60 mm. The length of the strip corresponds to the girth of the candle, adjusted for overlap. Loosen the fabric from the top and bottom so that you get the same fringe. If the strip is not quite even, you can trim the fringe. Wrap a strip of cloth. Glue the cord in the place of overlap and wind it with an even layer of 1.5-2 cm in the middle of the burlap. Stick thin lace over the jute. You can decorate the composition with dry leaves or pieces of wrapping paper, artificial flowers or beads. A living orchid will look beautiful and unusual. The main thing is that there should not be too much decor, otherwise all exquisite simplicity will be lost. A rustic-style candle is ready.
Indispensable attributes of the Halloween holiday are apples and pumpkins. Of course, you can insert a candle inside the "gutted" pumpkin, but this is already familiar to the point of banality. The season novelty looks much more interesting - candles “weeping with bloody tears”. Making them is easy! Drop white wax on red candles with red candles or just sprinkle them with red paint - you're done! A good option is jewelry made of artificial spiders or worms (a fishing goods store to help). Decoration of candles with decoupage looks beautiful with the image of skeletons, vampires, the living dead, bats and other holiday culprits.
Today, to purchase a beautifully decorated candle for a gift in an online store is not a problem, but the desire to do something on their own for many people is indestructible. However, this is very cool, since the thing done by yourself is unique. Decoupage technique helps to get a beautiful product that stores the warmth of your hands, your vision of beauty.
The best material for decoupage is special decoupage cards made of rice paper, or multi-layer napkins. Decoupage is a rather ancient technique, rooted in the Middle Ages. But it has not lost relevance to this day. The best option for decorating in this technique is white thick candles with a dense top layer. Can I use colored candles? It is possible, but the background of the picture needs to be selected to the shade of the decorated product. Texts or drawings with notes look beautiful and romantic. Prepare for work:
- White thick candle;
- Hair dryer;
- Stationery knife;
- A brush.
Decide on the length of the paper cut. This is especially true for the full decoration of the product. Cut the paper so that the seam is invisible. Therefore, cut with a margin of about 1 cm in length and width. If you are using a multi-layer cloth, remove the 2 lower layers. For work, you need only the top layer, on which the drawing is applied. This point cannot be neglected. Otherwise, the product will be flammable. Next, proceed in this order (step by step):
- Attach a napkin to the candle as tightly as possible.
- Turn on the hairdryer at full power. Wait for it to warm up. Now direct the hot air onto the candle. Move the hair dryer along the product. In this case, be very careful not to accidentally burn your hands. Try to fix the napkin with your fingers so that it sticks securely. If wax impregnates the paper, there is nothing to worry about.
- If wrinkles appear on the surface during operation, try to smooth them.
- Make sure the paper sticks well. If there are missing areas, the manipulation of the hairdryer will have to be repeated.
- Cut the paper at the base of the candle, fold it. Warm the base of the candle with a hairdryer so that the bent part of the napkin adheres well.
- Using a clerical knife, cut off the leftovers at the opposite end of the product, on the side of the wick.
Everything is very fast and simple. And, if some skill has already been acquired, then very quickly. It takes about half an hour to decorate one product. It remains to find the original gift wrapping - and the gift is ready.
When decorating candles, do not forget for a minute about safety and whether it is possible to use the finished product for its intended purpose. It is possible that you will only have to admire the masterpieces made by yourself, but this is great! Your family hearth will be the most elegant and comfortable!