Bead trees for beginners. Examples of weaving.
Handmade crafts are of particular value, even if made by an inexperienced master and not accurately enough. The world of needlework contains a huge number of directions. One of the simplest and most interesting is beadwork. Original figures, jewelry and other trifles are obtained from beads and wire. Real masterpieces are bead trees. You can quickly grasp the basics of the process if you allocate enough time and listen to the tips. To help beginner needlewomen, many schemes have been developed with a step-by-step explanation of each action.
The ancient widespread type of creativity develops simultaneously with the advent of new fashion trends, progress in society. Small glass, plastic beads with a through hole are used to weave jewelry, rims, and create various compositions.
Homeland beads Ancient Egypt. Interest in the material came about with the advent of glass more than 3,000 years ago. At first, the clothes of the pharaohs were decorated with large opaque beads, then they simply began to string them on a thread and use them as beads. The invention of mesh lowering made it possible to produce individual products from round material. Patterns, schemes were developed, beads were arranged with precious stones and metals.
The beadwork was so good that the Egyptians began to exchange it and turned it into a commodity. Thus, beadwork spread throughout the world. In the 12th century, the capital of beads and needlework related to it was Venice, which once hosted immigrants from Greece.
In the 18th century, glass factories appeared in France, Germany, America, Bohemia. Special machines accelerated the production of material, which affected its price. European fashionistas began to show great interest in beads. They embroidered clothes, decorated wallets and purses. Beadwork reaches its peak in the 20th century. Now unique paintings, panels, all kinds of decor and accessories are made from it.
Everyone can learn to weave from beads. To do this, you need to select your favorite scheme and study the techniques used in it. Flat, voluminous products are created in various ways, using large, small, elongated beads. You need to start with the simplest workshops, mastering more complex ones over time. You can create from beads using any technique. The following types of weaving:
- Needle. A simple option is usually used to create individual details of the composition (stamens of flowers, paws of insects). Several beads are strung on the wire, the last is bent around and the base is threaded through the next, tightened.
- Flat parallel. The most popular and easiest technique. It is used for weaving leaves, petals. The wire is passed through the scheme through the beads, creating a new parallel row.
- Volumetric parallel. The principle of operation is identical to the parallel method, but the rows are not located in the same plane. So do animal figures, flower buds and more.
- Hand weaving. Weaving is performed on one thread. The beads are interconnected along the vertical, horizontal axis, capturing the bead from the neighboring row with the fishing line, gradually build up. The schemes are designed for bracelets, paintings, decor for flower pots.
- French Beads are strung on two ends of the fishing line and make arcs, capturing the extreme beads. The technique is suitable for the manufacture of flowers, tree leaves.
- Monastic. Base - a cross of 4 beads. Increasing the same type of elements, get the finished product. Suitable for flat, voluminous crafts.
- Looped. Finished items look like loops. In this way, composite individual parts of the composition are made or taken as a basis. Several beads are strung on the wire and tightened with a loop, indent and repeat the action.
- Mosaic. Weaving with a snug fit beads. Each part is mounted vertically, being sandwiched between two beads of the adjacent row. Stringing can be circular, cylindrical.
- Mesh. In this way, various objects are braided, for example, Christmas toys, flower stands, bead trees, vases. The mesh size is determined by the number of beads.
- Brick stitch. The arrangement of beads in horizontal rows resembles brickwork. The beads in each row are located with a slight offset in relation to the adjacent strip. The technique is suitable for creating flat, voluminous figured products.
Weaving patterns and how to read them
Creating crafts, bead jewelry requires perseverance, diligence, a strict sequence of actions. For this, many schemes have been developed to help you choose the right size and amount of material. They can be found in special magazines, newspapers, download from the Internet. Not all materials contain complete information, a detailed description of the progress of work. Often problems are as follows:
- The beginning and end of the circuit are not indicated;
- Not numbered rows;
- It is difficult to understand the direction of the thread during weaving;
- Poor print quality, fuzzy image;
The study should begin with the development of basic techniques. The more practice there is, the more complex the patterns will be. Such processes will be postponed in tactile memory, with a visual perception of the figure, the direction of the thread is no longer required.
In any pattern for beadwork, the details are marked with circles, highlighted in color. The numbers at the beginning of each row indicate the number of beads. Above the figure, the number of rows is marked. If the product is multi-colored and voluminous, then there will be a number next to each point - indicating the number of beads in one set.
Choosing the basis for weaving
Wire is not a universal base for beadwork. Different parts will require specific material. It varies in thickness, ductility, degree of rigidity, color of the coating. You can immediately purchase a kit and choose the appropriate option from the available ones or study the range of coils and select only the items necessary for manufacturing the product.
0.2 mm wire is suitable for weaving small elements of a decorative tree, leaves, flowers. Suitable parallel, needle, French, buttonhole technique. The base easily passes through beads No. 10, takes any form.
0.5 mm wire is made of steel and copper. It is soft, elastic, shiny, not taken on a magnet. Tree trunks, branches, and other hard parts are made of it, on which various elements will be attached in the future.
The base, 1 mm thick, is used to create parts of increased rigidity. The wire is designed for creativity, therefore no less plastic and flexible than the more subtle options.
Beads - types and tips for choosing
You can’t take the first beads you get for making your favorite craft. The appearance of the product, the durability of the joints and the correct repetition of the scheme will depend on the quality of the materials. Miniature beads are made in Taiwan, China, India, Czech Republic, Japan. All manufacturers produce beads of different sizes and purposes. In form, it happens:
- Common - glass beads with a through hole, round, square in shape, and fused edges;
- Chopping - short tubes no more than 2 mm in length.
- Bugle - longer tubes from 3 mm to 25 mm. There are flat, twisted, faceted.
When choosing beads, first of all, attention should be paid to the manufacturer. The best are Czech and Japanese. Then the whole bag should be well considered. All beads should be the same size, cutting is smooth without a crooked cut. The presence of chopped, unpainted beads is excluded.
Bead tree master classes
Learning to weave bead trees is easy. But first, you should familiarize yourself with the basics of the creative process. The work will consist of stringing material of different sizes and lengths onto the wire, creating loops, arcs, and connecting several parts to each other. The appearance of the finished tree, its similarity to the original, will depend on the correct selection of color and thickness of the base. In the manufacture of beautiful compositions will help detailed workshops.
Yin Yang Tree
To make a talisman, symbolizing the feminine and masculine, you will need black and white beads, the same threads, wire of medium thickness. For a complete composition, you need to weave two identical trees and connect. We will use the looping technique.
We put 9 white beads on a 45 cm wire, slide it from the edge and make a loop. We twist the flagellum from the wires and repeat the procedure. We make 7 identical loops with an indent of 1 cm. We take the blank by the central leaf and bend in half, twist together. Such branches will need to be made 30 pieces. Then we break them into heaps of 3 pieces in each and connect, straighten the leaves. The same amount of black parts will be required.
We wrap the lower part of each part with thread matching in color and assemble the tree, gradually adding twigs with a shift of several centimeters. We twist two finished trees and install them on a stand or in a pot.
Craft "Money Tree" consists of many small parts, so you need to be patient. To work, you need green beads in different shades. Pour it into a plate and mix. We start with the formation of tree branches. We put 12 beads on the wire, turn the loop, fix. We do 8 such circles without indentation, then twist together.
Such parts will need 60 pieces. On 20 of them, various coins must be glued. Now we form a crown - twist 5 branches (one with a coin, 4 simple). From the received 15 bouquets we make 5 powerful branches, wrap them with a ribbon, imitating the bark. We connect them into a whole tree, form and decorate the trunk with plaster.
Money tree can be given any modern design - to decorate the trunk with white, add black spots, make red blotches of beads that resemble clusters of mountain ash.
Tree made of beads and stones
A great, original idea is to combine beads and stones in one composition. Needlewoman in this way make bonsai trees, wisteria and others. We begin work according to the following plan:
- We prepare the material. It will take a few low stones of different sizes, copper wire, stand or any base.
- We string 15 stones on the wire, step back 10 cm from the edge of the base and fix the first element. On the sides we fix the rest. For one branch, 4-5 rows are enough.
- Group the blanks in 3 pieces and connect them together.
- We take a piece of thick copper wire and wind 4 blanks with stones, wrap it with florenta.
- We collect 4 large parts together and connect, form a thick crown.
- We reel several branches to the base, stepping down 1-2 cm, straighten each pebble.
- We make a gypsum tray and decorate to your taste.
A bright high-quality replica of an incomparable flowering tree will not leave anyone indifferent. To work, you need pink beads in two shades, thin wire, materials for the trunk and the base (glue, adhesive tape, alabaster).
First of all, we make small twigs of the workpiece. Mix the beads, put 6 pieces on the wire. Move 10 cm from the edge and tighten the loop. Stringing on the long end of the base of the beads, do 11 circles. We bend the wire, leaving the central loop in the middle, and twist it. Such parts will require up to 100 pieces.
We break the workpieces into groups, three in each, and twist the lower part of the wire with a slight offset. Now you need to collect large branches, while forming a trunk. We attach the parts one by one to a dense wire with an indent of 1 cm, we fix with masking tape.
A bright tree of autumn flowers will turn out from simple Chinese beads No. 8. It is necessary to prepare yellow, orange, golden, red beads, make several jars with intermediate shades. The work is painstaking, but if you study the description of the circuit well and follow the instructions clearly, you can manage in a few hours.
We put on the beads for 2-3 meters of wire, count out 20 beads and make loops on the legs. They should be located on both sides of the axis at a distance of 1 cm from each other. We extend each loop, slightly bend the twig. Thus, you need to create several dozen colorful blanks.
We add three branches of the same color and twist with pliers. We wrap all the parts one by one indented to a dense wire and decorate with a floral ribbon. You can mix all the colors or follow a certain sequence.
To make a traditional Russian tree, you need to buy round light green beads and silver wire. The work is simple, but will take enough time. We start by making twigs, then we collect them in bunches and form a tree. Leaflets are easier to create in a loop technique.
We fasten the billets to the steel wire, trying to observe the natural arrangement of the branches. We straighten the leaves, tilt them down a little. We install a birch on a gypsum stand, coat the trunk with a mixture of glue and alabaster. After drying, apply alternately black, white paint with a thin layer.
Cherry tree with fruits
Cherry tree leaves in this master class must be performed in the French weaving technique. You will need green beads, red large beads, a coil of thin wire, gypsum for decorating the trunk and making the base. The work is carried out in several stages:
- We measure 1 m of wire and put on the first 5 green beads, tighten the loop.
- We string another 18 beads and do the same. The larger loop should cover the smaller ring.
- Twist 7 leaves. We place red cherries between them.
- Having made a sufficient number of blanks, you can start assembling.
- We fasten one branch indented to the common stem part.
- Wrap the trunk with floral tape and install it on a plaster stand.
Apple tree in bloom
This craft contains only elements from beads. Even flowers will be made of tiny snow-white beads. We string 30 green beads onto the wire. We separate 7 parts from the chain, departing slightly from the beginning of the base. We bend the wire in half and wrap the central bead once. We make two turns in the technique of circular weaving, gradually we move the remaining details. We twist the wire, step back 1 cm and make 4 more sheets. Such blanks will need 60 pieces.
We turn to the manufacture of twigs with flowers. We string the beads in the following sequence: 30 white - 5 yellow - 30 white - 5 yellow - 30 white - 5 yellow - 18 pink. We make 3 loops of pink from one base of the wire, step back 1 cm and twist the yellow loop, next we make 5 loops of white. We form a flower with a yellow center. We advance the wire and weave 2 more of such inflorescences. We connect leaves and flowers, attach to the trunk, decorate with plaster.
Weaving begins with small branches. We put 8 beads on a 30 cm wire. We bend the working thread in half and separate one bead. Scroll the wire several times, backtrack 0.5 cm, rotate the next one. This must be done with all the details. It will be necessary to prepare 25 short branches for willow, 40 medium, 70 long.
We collect the bundles to your liking, the main thing is that products of different lengths look natural and harmonious. Bunches of weave in 10 pieces. We wrap bundles on a thickened wire and decorate with threads.From these blanks we form a tree, tilt the branches down, and install on a stand.
The easiest option from bugles will succumb even to a beginner. Cut off 50 cm of wire, pick up 4 glass barrels and tighten the loop. We make 9 such figures with an indent of 1 cm. Holding the central element, bend the wire in half and twist the twig. We make 5 types of blanks in this way with a different number of loops.
On a dense support we wind branches from top to bottom - from small to large. We straighten all the elements and set the tree on a gypsum base. The barrel can be plastered and painted with brown paint.
All branches should be placed in different planes, at least with a minimum shift. This will make the tree more fluffy.
Tree in the snow
You can make a beautiful branchy tree in the snow using a simple needle technique. You will need to make about 30 separate branches and connect them together. Cut the wire into pieces of different lengths, prepare white beads.
We put 4 beads on a short wire and thread it through 3, bypassing the very first one. We put on 5 beads and repeat the procedure, tighten it well. Thus we make one more stick. We also wear beads on the leg. We draw through it the free end of the wire and fix it. Repeat the same steps for all blanks. On medium and large segments it is necessary to weave 4-5 side sticks.
We form a tree by twisting a pair of elements of different lengths. Gradually build up large branches. Wrap them with white thread. We attach them to a dense wire and decorate with a special ribbon, paper, paint.
The mighty green oak should be dense and branched. Weaving will require a lot of green round beads, thin wire, materials for the decoration of branches, the trunk.
We string a lot of beads on the wire without cutting it from the coil. It will take 1 meter of the base. We retreat 10 cm from the tip, fold a loop of 12 beads. We create 15 circles of the same type with an indent of 0.5 cm. We collect future leaves in a bundle, fix and cut the wire. It will take 37 of these parts.
We apply bundles at different heights to a dense wire, we attach them, trim them with a black floral ribbon. We collect a tree, starting from small branches, bend the clusters formed. We will install green oak on an ordinary flat stone, fixing it with a mixture of gypsum and PVA. The barrel is also coated with a solution. After drying, paint with brown gouache.
The manufacture of the openwork tree will take place in several stages - the creation of brushes, branches, the formation of the trunk. We will use two types of pink beads and green.
For inflorescences, according to the type of lilac, cut off the 35 cm wire, put on 11 pink beads and one bright one, tighten the element with a needle method. After making 5 stamens, tighten them at the base. 32 such details will be required.
We make the leaves in a looped way. We string enough beads onto the wire, measure 3 cm, turn it into a circle, fix it and press it from the sides. From five loops we make a twig. Such items will need about 50 pieces.
We twist the flowers and several branches into more powerful elements, each wrap with yarn. We make a straight trunk and attach all the details to it. Set the branches in a horizontal position and fix the albition to the stand.
Composition of spreading palm trees is light using the needle weaving technique. It is necessary to stock up with yellow, green beads in different shades and 0.3 mm wire. We carry out the work following the instructions:
- We collect 7 green beads and 2 yellow ones. We push one back and thread the base through the rest - this will be the top of the leaf.
- From 5 pieces of green and 2 yellow we make lateral processes.
- Twist the wire several times and thread the green bead.
- Repeat weaving processes 10 times.
- We put 5-10 beads on the wire.
- Put the leaf on the finger and bend the needles down in shape.
- We do in this way the required number of blanks.
- We tie several dense pieces of wire with a thread - this will be the trunk.
- Apply 6 leaves to the top and attach.
- We make several tiers, decorate the barrel with paint and put it on a stand.
Weaving begins with blanks-branches. We put 5 beads on the wire and rotate, forming a loop. We make 5 such figures on one segment and fold the leaves. According to this scheme, we prepare several parts and turn them into a thick branch. The more such details, the more magnificent will be the tree-heart.
We slowly unwind the elements, decorate the resulting barrel with a ribbon. For composition, you need to make another tree. To decorate it, we will use beads and a ribbon of a different color. We bind two finished trunks below and place them in a bowl with gypsum. After hardening, we beautifully unfold the branches to each other, form a heart.
Winter beauty - mountain ash
With the advent of cold weather, mountain ash loses its leaves, scarlet snow-covered berries remain. Weaving winter branches is very easy. It will take white, silver, orange beads, several coils of wire - steel and red. Production takes place in several stages:
- We make eight bunches of 8 loops of white beads.
- We make clusters of mountain ash - we pass 15 beads one at a time and twist the leg wire for each.
- We collect the red elements together and wrap them in white bunches.
- We make lush branches from thickened blanks and form the trunk.
- We install on a stand and straighten.
Pine Beadwork - Scheme
For the manufacture of pine need green beads, wire and a detailed diagram - a description of the master class. Twigs will be woven in a simple needle technique. Each needlewoman chooses the length on her own, but do not make them more than 2 cm. Having made several needles on one piece of wire, we wrap them into a bundle and decorate the trunk with brown threads. Billets will require more than 100 pieces.
We twist along the 3 bushes and wrap the wire with threads. We combine all the products and install on a stand. We leave part of the branches straight, the rest we give a curvy look.
Interesting facts about wicker trees
A handmade tree of beads not only absorbs the positive attitude and emotions of the needlewoman, but also is a talisman that conveys the energy of a natural plant. The image of each tree symbolizes a certain mood:
- Pine - an image of unfading life, silence, solitude;
- Sakura - a symbol of the awakening of nature, the birth of a new life;
- Mountain ash - a female tree gives youth and beauty;
- Oak - strength and longevity;
- Palm - a symbol of victory and triumph;
- Apple tree - sets up health, a happy marriage;
- Cherry - blossoms flowers before leaves, symbolizes nudity, tenderness, purity;
- Money tree - tunes for prosperity, gives confidence;
- Willow - the concepts of cyclicality, rhythm are associated with the "witching tree".
Handmade decorative products have always been very popular. Small copies of trees of the most bizarre shapes delight in beauty and elegance. They look great in the interior, will become an original gift for any celebration. Thanks to simple schemes and detailed workshops, you can create a truly valuable, unique thing in a short period.